Monday, September 23, 2013

Salsa

Salsa.
We love salsa.
I knew I would have to make a lot.  Six measly pints would never do.

Following the Zesty Salsa Recipe in the Ball Blue Book, I carefully weighed each of the ingredients.


Enough fresh vegetables for one batch.

Then measured out everything again to double the recipe.


Next, prepared the tomatoes by boiling them for 30 seconds to loosen their skins.  Then easily slipped off the skins and seeded each.


Our preference is a finely chopped salsa, not chunky.  The quickest and easiest way to achieve this is with a food processor.  Each vegetable was chopped individually in the food processor and then stirred together in this big tub.

I love this tub!!  It is my favorite container for stirring big batches!

To my surprise this doubled recipe made nine very tasty quarts of Zesty Salsa.

As usual, a jar was delivered to Colt in the City with much appreciation.

2 comments:

  1. wow, so much to catch up on! I look every day to see what you are up to and to my surprise I am behind in my reading ;) Great pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is so busy here on the ranch and I do not find as much time to write as I would like.
      Hugs!

      Delete